In a rush?
Here is our Top Pick
Choosing the right concrete grinder isn't as problematic as you might think, especially when you use our floor grinder reviews. The top grinders include handheld models that you can use with one hand and a walk-behind model that can follow you around the job site. You'll find grinders that are suitable for professional and DIY work too.
Our choice for the best floor grinder is the CSG15 5-Inch Concrete Surface Grinder from Bosch, which has a guard system to keep your hands safe from the grinder. You can learn about the intrusion seal and all the other key features of this model and the other top grinders in our reviews.
Top 5 Best Concrete Floor Grinders on the Market
5 Best Concrete Floor Grinder Reviews (2020)
1. Bosch CSG15 5-Inch Concrete Surfacing Grinder - Top Overall Pick
If you have your heart set on a handheld grinder that lets you get a solid grip on the handle, consider the Bosch CSG15, which comes with a five-inch diamond grinding wheel that can quickly polish concrete. You can easily attach a vacuum to clean up that debris. The vacuum will work with the intrusion seal to protect the motor.
With 12.5 amps of power, this grinder also has an improved guard system. Whether using it on the floor or the ceiling, that system will keep your hands at a safe distance from the grinding wheel.
- 5-inch grinding wheel
- Handheld design
- Upgraded guard system
- Dust seal protects the motor from concrete debris
- Easy to use with one or two hands
- Will not short out
- Comes with a carrying case
- May feel uncomfortable when using it
2. XtremepowerUS 10-Inch Walk-Behind Electric Concrete Floor Grinder - Premium Choice
The best floor grinding machine comes from XtremepowerUS and features a 10-inch grinding wheel that can cover more space per pass. Thanks to the walk-behind design, you can use it in a forward direction or pull it behind you. The large size makes it a good option for bigger jobs.
You can use the self-adjusting floating cover to form a seal with the floor to keep dust from reaching the motor and out of the environment. It also has soft grip handles with an ergonomic design that keeps you from squeezing too hard as you get in the right position.
- Soft grip handles
- 10-inch grinding wheel
- 10-inch grinding wheel covers more ground
- Can grind and remove concrete from surfaces
- Ergonomic design keeps you safe and comfortable
- Keeps dust out of the environment
- Very expensive
- Doesn't work in small spaces
3. Metabo WEV15-125 5” Variable Speed Angle Grinder - Best for Money
When you read through concrete floor grinder reviews for this Metabo model, you'll find that it can handle both concrete and metal. Designed for both cutting and surfacing jobs, it can prep, sand and remove concrete flooring too. With the variable speed range, you can use it at 2,800 to 9,600 revolutions.
While the ergonomic handle allows you to move freely, the five-inch grinding wheel is compatible with wheels from other companies. It has both a safety switch for quickly turning off the motor and a lock-on design to stop that motor.
- Variable speed design
- 2,800 to 9,600 rpm range
- Ergonomic handle
- Works for concrete grinding and prepping and surfacing
- Lock-on feature lets you set the motor to a specific revolution or speed
- Adjusts to the speed that you want
- Safety switch for stopping the motor
- Doesn't reach the high speeds that you might expect
- Can wear out within a year
4. BLACK + DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder Tool
As you hunt for the best handheld concrete grinder on a budget, you'll come across this small tool from BLACK + DECKER, which comes with a 4.5-inch grinding wheel. That compact design helps you get the grinder into tighter spaces but limits some of the power that you get. It includes a metal gear case that protects the motor from both concrete and metal debris.
The side handle has three positions that you can use, which lets you change positions for each job. This concrete grinder also features a spindle lock for quickly switching out wheels and accessories.
- Three-position handle
- 4-1/4-inch grinding wheel
- Spindle lock
- Handle works in different positions to reach various angles and spaces
- Shuts off with one switch
- Great for use in small spaces
- Works on concrete and metal
- Motor can quickly burn out
- Doesn't have as much power as larger grinders do
5. QuickT SPW702A Concrete Grinder
With the SPW702A from QuickT, you can use all the water that you need when surfacing, grinding, cutting or removing concrete. It comes with a water sprayer and a male arbor that attaches to a garden hose, which uses water to clear the concrete that comes off. The three holes in the sprayer prevent clogs too.
QuickT gives you an 800-watt motor and a four-inch grinding wheel but makes it compatible with grinding wheels of three inches and five inches. Thanks to the soft start and variable speed options, you can let the motor slowly reach the speed that you desire.
- 4-inch diamond polishing/grinding wheel
- Male arbor connects to water hoses and other tools
- 800-watt motor
- Water sprayer has three holes to prevent clogs
- Reaches its maximum speed slowly to prevent accidents
- Lets you adjust the speed with one finger
- Perfect for concrete floors, counters and other surfaces
- Can give you a light shock when used with water
- Spreads the water around all areas
Final Verdict: Our Top Choice
When looking for the best grinder for concrete, you should check out concrete grinder reviews to see the top features of the leading models and how they can help with your jobs. You may want to look for seals that keep the motor safe and a guard system that keeps your hands and other body parts at a safe distance. Those features are common on the CSG15 from Bosch, which is our top choice.
As the best concrete grinder, it also has a high torque that keeps the motor running at a high speed without shorting out. Between the Bosch CSG15 and the other leading models, you can easily find a solid concrete grinder.